Envirotech Pest Solutions offers effective methods for bed bugs removal in Denver and the Metro area.
The first option is our chemical treatment. This service consists of 3 appointments spaced 2 weeks apart. It is a crack, and crevice treatment designed to eradicate the areas the bedbugs are actively living, and breeding. Chemical treatments do not currently kill the eggs of bedbugs, hence the need for 3 separate appointments. There is a lot of prep work involved, and a majority of that will fall to the homeowner. Prep work will need to be maintained for the entire 6 week process. The specific instructions for this treatment are as follows: (Downloadable Bug Prep Instructions (Click Here)
- All beds must be stripped of linens, pillows, have mattresses and box springs standing upright so technicians can have access to both sides
- Closets, dressers, bookcases, and shelving need to be emptied so all cracks may be treated
- All bed linens, pillows, and clothing need to be laundered in hot water the day of treatment or placed in sealed plastic bags until laundered.
- Draperies and comforters which can not be laundered should be dried at high heat for one hour
- Vacuum thoroughly all carpeting and upholstered items. Remove and launder all pillows, throws, and slip covers. Use attachments to get deep into cracks and edges.
- Remove vacuum bag and seal in air tight plastic bag, then dispose of outside of your home.
- All furniture needs to be moved 3 feet from walls. Heavily infested mattresses must be discarded or sealed in bed bug proof mattress cover
- Small children, cats, dogs, and pets should be removed from your home for 4 to 6 hours until treatment is dry, aerated, or dissipated.
- Aquariums should be removed or the pump disconnected and the top covered.
Although all the products we use are water based with no airborne chemicals, we ask that children, adults, and pets be removed from the structure for at least 1 hour after service. In certain cases the infestation will be severe, and we might have to use an aerosol insecticide. If this is the case, be prepared to leave the structure for at least 3 hours.
Another effective treatment we offer is a heat treatment. This service is 100% non-toxic, and environmentally friendly as well. This process uses high temperatures between 140 and 150 degrees to heat the structure for approximately 8-10 hours. This method is able to kill all stages of life, from the eggs to the adults. This results in an effective treatment completed in one day. The prep work involved is a lot less stressful for a homeowner, and will only need to be done once. While you mainly have to focus on items effected by high heat, all the details are as follows Therma Pure solutions prep sheet
- Please move all furniture and/or personal belongings away from walls at least 2 inches.
- Clean up excess clutter. If the technician determines there is an unusual amount of belongings on the floor, counters, etc. an additional $200 may be charged. Examples of excessive clutter may include, but are not limited to, stacks of boxes, piles of magazines and newspapers, and bags of belongings that make it difficult for our technicians to move the equipment throughout the space. Please note, unless you are permanently getting rid of items, they need to stay in the structure to be treated or you will reintroduce the bedbugs to the space.
- Please take down all vinyl window blinds, smoke detectors, etc. Please let us know if there are fire sprinklers and/or heat sensors.
- Please do not place clothes and personal items in boxes. Please remove all clothes, etc. from stored suitcases. These items must be open and accessible for heat penetration. If clothes are already stored in boxes and plastic bags, leave them in the containers and notify the technicians.
- Do Not remove hanging clothes. Leave hanging clothes hanging! THE NIGHT BEFORE SERVICE, PLEASE WASH/DRY A SET OF CLOTHES IN HOTTEST TEMPERATURE POSSIBLE AND SEAL IN PLASTIC BAG. CHANGE INTO THESE CLOTHES RIGHT BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR HOME FOR THE TREATMENT. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ELSE WITH YOU. BUGS OR EGGS CAN BE HIDING IN YOUR PURSE, BRIEFCASE, ETC.
- Remove excessive amounts of Diatomaceous Earth (DE). For $200, our crew will clean up the DE for you. Please notify us ahead of time for this service.
HEAT SENSITIVE CHECKLIST
Articles that are impractical to remove may either be wrapped with an insulating material or moved to an area of the structure that cool air may be circulated around said article to ensure safe temperatures.
Please remove from the treatment area the following items:
Persons, plants, and animals
Candles, wax, crayons, lipstick and other meltable cosmetics
Medicines and vitamins
Vinyl mini and vertical blinds
Arts and craft items that are assembled with hot melt glue
Aerosol cans, fire extinguishers, and other combustible items
Fresh fruits and vegetables, chocolates, carbonated beverages, wines,
liquors, vitamins, medicines, and artificial sweeteners. In lieu of
removal, small items may be placed in a refrigerator.
Oil paintings, acrylics (art work), paintings and pictures
Paint (both spray and canned)
Soft vinyl items